If you are reading this BLOG POST you are one of the many thousands of people who follow Mind Over Mountains. You are a member. Thank you for being part of this tribe,this community.If you enjoy the posts and quotes and messages and you feel inspired and motivated. If you have read the Book -‘Mind Over Mountains’ and love the photographs and videos we regularly post please spread the word and let’s get others on board. For the start of this New Year I want YOU to really commit to making some positive changes in your own life. Let’s make this year different to all the previous attempts you may have made to make worthwhile changes. PUT YOUR EXCUSES IN THE BIN:
- Start by accepting who you are, flaws and all. Embrace your messy imperfect life. Accept yourself and who you are.Know yourself.Own Yourself. Be Yourself. Now have a look at your challenges, the changes you would like to make, your own personal mountains. Keep it realistic and manageable . Set your goals and intentions around two or three areas to start with.
- Put your thoughts in a journal, the positive experiences and thoughts, aswell as the negative stuff. Practice gratitude everyday – what are you grateful for in your life. Jotting it down is important.
- Move your body. You mental and physical health will thank you.You don’t have to do a marathon or climb a high mountain or do 100 press ups,getting out in the frsh air for a short walk is a great place to start.
- Control your screen time, especially social media and put that extra time to better use.
- Connect and deepen relationships with people that inspire you and nurture your soul. People you can talk to and be yourself with.
- Make a game plan for your goals and resolutions. Break it down into small parts, identify the specific action you’ll need to make the change happen.
- Don’t allow yourself feel overwhelmed. Take confidence that one or two goals will compliment other areas in your life.
- Track and monitor your progress and celebrate success along the way.Small wins create a pattern that bigger achievements are possible and within reach.
- Tarketing our habits is one of the most effective way to create lasting change.Reward yourself consistently for a routine or a given behaviour.
- Life will get in the way. That’s ok. Don’t throw in the towel. Acknowledge what happened and get yourself back on track.
You must upgrade your mind. To make you believe new things. To make you mentally tougher so next time you won’t fall into a hole again. This is a new chapter in your life. Take the wheel, steer your own ship. You have so many undiscovered talents and you are way more capable than you ever imagined.I discovered this about myself and so can you. “LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE.” To help you on your journey…………………….. Sign up to our online course “Navigating Your Pathway” – OR Book some Coaching Sessions now.
Máirtín Óg – Mind Over Mountains.